Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lost head but found some hope..

I woke up this morning not expecting much at all. I had a few phone calls to make, a house to clean, my dogs to feed, and my mom to visit. As of right now I made the calls, fed the dogs and visited with my mom, who after a night of restlessness seems to have settled back down to a relaxed and restful sleep. I chatted with her today about how things were going when I got a much needed self esteem boost. A job that I wanted but discounted was offered to me today and I accepted it.. This also allows me to stay in S.A.. which is what I wanted to do and I am still working with children.. I was so excited to share the news with my friends who have been supporting me and with my mom..She sighed, smile, and snorted.. I took that as an approval.. I told her everything is going to be fine here.. I am great and will be ok... Go find my dad.. I need to there with him instead of here with me.. I told me sis that she needed to let me mom go.. I think my mom is holding on for her baby.. I will pray for her to have the courage and strength to tell her bye.. I thought that I would be the one to take this harder or have a harder time letting go.. Maybe not.. I am my mother's daughter with my father's looks.. (thanks dad!)

Now the new adventures of Dakota.. Today, I went outside to play with my dogs to discover a statue that is my moms of St. Francis was knocked over and missing a very important part.. his head.. I looked over at Seamus and Riley who were sitting under the tree and pointing to Dakota who happened to have the missing head in her mouth.. She was playing with it, like it was a ball.. Nice huh? I told her that St. Francis is the saint for animals and has saved her a lot lately from her previous mishaps.. She looked at me like huh? are you talking to me? do I need to pay attention? because I have this new toy that is fun... So, now a headless St. Francis stands outside by my Pecan tree quietly without a head.. I love this dog... Okay.. I think I am done for tonight.. I need to clean but I am mesmerized by Tom Jones the singer.. Why? I ask myself.. Then I realized that the music you are forced to listen to as a child hypnotizes you as an adult... So here is one of my mom's favorite songs..



Here is dad's favorite..



Enjoy...

No comments: