Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Circumstantial

I heard that word a lot today. It sounds intimidating and foreboding much like how I feel. But life does get better right? I often thought today about starting a new path only to discover that the baggage you thought you lost found you. Is it just circumstances or is there a higher power with a different plan I am not aware of? Maybe I should just stop hiding and increase my self-efficacy by believing that I am not a circumstantial person. I am a substantial person.

1 comment:

earthmama said...

circumstantial means depending on external conditions.

all the definitions of substantial speak of realness, trueness, validity, worth...

yeah, i think you're pretty substantial. i think circumstances can challenge us all the time. and while we want to be people who always rise to the challenge, we know we aren't. we can't be. making mistakes and doing the wrong thing are what give us wisdom, even though we never like to actually do the wrong thing. but your real friends will love you through the mistakes and the wrong times and know beyond the circumstance, the true substance of who you are and who you are becoming. (and embrace the hard earned wisdom instead of the shame or embarrassment that is really only temporary...uh, i mean circumstantial)

<3