Saturday, April 5, 2008

When in Rome

Have you ever heard that saying? When in Rome do as the Romans do? Well, I am here to offer some advice to that saying in reference to Nepal. When in Nepal besure to ask the meaning of a word on a menu. For example, Buff does NOT mean beef like I thought it did. It means water buffalo. Ok, that's not so bad and when in Roman try it right? Wrong! Especially, if you happen to visit the city zoo and see these water buffalo.. Not pretty my friends. Next, do not eat any meat here. As I traveled throughout the city I noticed that there is no FDA or any other means of safe processing of meat. Animals are slaughtered in the streets and put on tables for your purchase. Goats, dogs, chickens, boars, maybe even water buffalo. So, from that point on I decided to be a vegetarian for this trip. But, then you wonder if you eat eggs those come from chickens. Did the chicken I saw in the streets eating something red and yucky produce those eggs? HMM.. And the vegetables.. the water here is yellow.. yes, yellow.. I start a quick shower in yellow water.. so how about them vegetables? It is a never ending process of wondering where did this come from and will I end up with from digestive issue? So when I Nepal be careful..

On a different note, I find myself detaching from Sawyer daily.. I fear that I am going to have to leave him again.. We spent yesterday at the zoo and some sight seeing.. Today, he has a doctor's appt. for medical clearance and I think some more sight seeing. Tomorrow is the day when I go to the embassy to plea my case. I have many people praying to many gods hopefully one will here our prayers.

It is time for some breakfast and I am preparing my stomach to the journey.. Take Care my friends.

No comments: