Monday, April 7, 2008

What I learned

I learned to smile to a stranger makes them smile back. Kindness knows no bounderies.
Hot coffee dances in the early morning. An investment in human relations is worth it. To listen even though I don't fully understand the language. Dinner alone is nice but more interesting with new friend. Longing and familiarity brings contemplation and growth. To sit next to a senior couple during breakfast rather than college students from the states. To try new foods when my brain and stomach are not in agreement. The acquaintances I met @ the beginning of my trip are now friends and allies. Past experiences should be valued and cherished. Love knows no boundaries. A kind word or gesture can fill any and every bucket. That I am afraid of what is to come. That doubt can bring wonder and want. German people meet my expectations and Austrailians are hilarious. I like the crunchy bread things in the bar. To love bread and eggs I'm the mornings. And I hate eggs!!!! There are no CATS in Kathmandu!!!! A liter of beer is a lot! That no matter where I go someone will know my family!! To appreciate what I have and love in America. No matter how long I watch cricket I still do not understand the sport. Senior citizens everywhere hike up their pants to their chins. Indian people have horrible table manners and use no silverware. I am my father's daughter and everyone will love me... I love chocolate everywhere and anywhere in the world!!!!! Long flights are not pleasant no matter how much room you have!!! Tipping well upon arrival is key to a great stay!! Food is better the first time... Rooms are cheaper when you shop around.. Cold beer is good anywhere.. Question everything you eat and remember buff is not beef and there is no FDA.. Open your heart to grace and your life will be whole..


This is what I have learned. I hope it helps..

No comments: