Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Confidence boost

Today I received my scores on my comprehensive exams which I needed to pass in order to graduate with my masters' degree. I have been waiting to here something from my university for such a long time. So, I pulled up my big girl panties and called the professor in charge of the scores. He mentioned he emailed me my results but I never did receive them. (i guess i am not the only one with computer problems eeh)? Not only did I pass, but I honored pass. This was huge for me. I have been given a shitty hand to deal with and now I was finally given a royal card. I am hoping that this positive trend will continue through this week. I did have one set back in regards to my sister who took out money from my savings acct to pay her bills.. didn't tell me while we were both @ the grocery store where i spent over hundred dollars knowing i had money in my savings.. NOT!!! I was and still am disappointed. I had thought she was passed that type of behavior. So, I just took my red box back and left her with her tempermental van. Maybe a bit of reality will make her appreciate my generiousity. Don't get me wrong my sister is amazing and I do love her. I hope she prays over this.. I did discuss my feelings about this and my disappointment. We shall see...

On a different note, I am considering applying for spring admission for a phd program in austin. I was given the ok today from a professor i have been working with. She will provide me a recommendation and her expertise to get in and complete this degree.. Maybe Austin or Houston.. Maybe a change of scenery will provide me some insight to purpose..

I love my dogs! They are beautiful, humorous, playful, youthful, smelly, and life saving. If you don't have a dog you should consider getting one. I would recommend a lab! I have a meeting tomorrow with a lady who has a company which provides parent training services and instructional/behavioral instruction to students with special needs. She informed me she already has 3 clients for me. It is not my ideal position but it is an mean to an end.. Time for some cereal.. Ciao mi amigos!

No comments: