Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Title

Namaste,

Today, I was given a new title. That of mom. I completed 90% of the paperwork on the Nepal side for Sawyer today after much haggling with Sabiriti here. She took what I had planned to give her and pressed on. We spent most of the day in and out of the car, smiling, and signing my name. Tomorrow he gets a TB test, picture for visa, and our first visit to the US embassy. We are trying to finish this week because next week there is elections here for a new congress and constitution which means every govt. agency will be closed tues-friday.. ugh..

he is lying on the carpet playing with a car.. i think he understands but is seems tentative.. he mimics my words for things such as thank you, candy, please, help.. etc.. oh.. he first lesson today was use a toilet not the floor to pee.. very fun..
well, we are off to find snacks for the night.. i will post later.. thanks!

1 comment:

earthmama said...

congratulations, mama julie!!!