Friday, May 29, 2009

Last DAY of School

What I have consumed thus far is 2 breakfast tacos from a student, 1 cupcake from another, a Starbucks caramel iced coffee from me, several pieces of candy, 1 half apple with peanut butter, pizza, caramel brownies (OMG YUMMY!!), rice crispy treats, a piece of strawberry cake(4 layers high), 3 tamales with chili and cheese, the best hamburger with cheese I have ever eaten, (I stayed away from the chips and dips), and water..

What I have received from my students: flowers, many cards, 3 stuffed animals (dogs), and many many hugs..

What I have learned and gained this year in Uvalde: many, many, many, more miles on my box, my contribution to the nitrogen cycle, laughs from my kids and my partner, experience of teaching general education in math and science, amazing science TAKS scores and hopefully math (find out in another week), collaboration among experienced staff that has allowed me to grow (professionally but not physically) and the partnership with an amazing teacher. I do not know if I could have done it without him. He covered for me when I was late, which was quite a bit in the fall semester, he took care of paperwork that I had no clue what or when to get it done, and our partnership was very flexible and giving on both parts. All in all I enjoyed my work here a lot.. I am not sure if I am going to be back, I can not do another year of commuting. We shall see where my next chapter will be in August.

No comments: