Monday, May 11, 2009

Difference

I spent the entire weekend in San Antonio at my house where I cleaned, organized, and moved around clothing. With it being 104 in Uvalde (with the heat index), it is time to bring down the cooler clothes. I thought about this year and how much my life has changed. I remembered that at this time last year I prayed and prayed to God for a teaching job. I wasn't specific I just wanted a teaching job and I got one albeit in Uvalde, but I wasn't specific with him. I thought about how I have changed coping with the distance, driving, and extra duties and wondered what would my mom do if she were me. I learned that I have become a bit more grouchy and easily angered due to the frustration I have trying to keep up with everything here in San Antonio and in Uvalde. Unfortunately, my friend Squishy has received the grunt of all my grouchiness some duly deserved and some not. Another fluffy friend confirmed my thought through his observations and told me to go on a vacation and unplug. I wonder if that would make a difference? I only have a few more weeks of school and with the 2nd round of Math Taks next Tuesday the year is just about gone. But, I did sign up for summer school (a science camp actually), I get to teach gas laws and go scuba diving several times which is fun and a definite change. After June I will have some time to decompress. I think I will begin to pray for a teaching job in the San Antonio area and see what happens. I do like teaching out here but I am not sure I can keep burning at both ends.

1 comment:

earthmama said...

come visit us!!! :)

(ok, maybe that's not exactly what you meant when you were thinking "decompress"...hehe)