Monday, May 25, 2009

Problem solving..

I have a quick thing to share. I informed my kids to work on a Memorial Day packet quietly at their desk. They asked if they could talk and I told them only if I can't hear them, (whispering is not an option for kids).. One of my favorite kids asked me, "if we come up with a way to talk without you hearing us will you let us?" I thought for a minute and tried to think like a fifth grader and said sure..

After 15 minutes of quiet time from my kids I looked up from my computer to a classroom full of cups/cans connected to strings. Students were trying various ways to make them work.. It was nice, I was able to take that and turn it into a teachable moment. Fortunately, it was a group of the "good" kids (kids that work well together and follow directions)..

Now it is PE time and I must depart I have tons of paperwork to begin..

No comments: