Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dakota

Here she is resting with moose..

The last of my four legged kids is Dakota. She was born on Nov. 10th of 2007 and was a gift from a friend. She is a black lab which rounds out the three. I have one of each color of the breed. When choosing Dakota I actually chose another pup who was older and I would have been able to take home sooner but the moose(friend) wanted her so that was it. We picked up up together and brought her home. Dakota has been unlike any pup I have ever had. She is extremely curious, playful, mischievous, well mannered, and adorable. She has the clearest eyes that look right into. I compare it to when a child sleeps that type of innocence. Her first few months were quite while still got acquainted with the Seamus and Riley. Now that she is part of the pack she has found herself. Dakota loves to explore. She has brought me much humor and frustration. Her name doesn't fall along with Riley and Seamus. I had originally wanted another Irish name but I couldn't find one that fit her. So, I browsed Native American names and she responded to it.

Some of her antics include a head in the fish tank (now I have 4 fish left), pulling a pipe off a water line, countless shoes, a bag of potatoes, books, wicker baskets, a bag of charcoal, wood, purse, curtains, child and dog toys, water hose and my favorite pair of sweats have all been victims of her curiosity. Lately I have been trying to spend a lot of time with my dogs working with their behavior and training them as a pack. She seems to be the one who has an innate idea of what needs to be done. Today, I threw a Frisbee (I don't even know where it came from but she brought it to me), and she caught it in midair and returned it.. My hopes and plans for Dakota has somewhat changed I had planned on breeding her with Seamus but I am not sure now. I had wanted at least two more labs but I don't think I can afford that many more nor could my house and sanity survive another Dakota. We will see... Dakota sleeps with me every night at the foot of the bed snoring along with Seamus. She tries to be a lap dog whenever possible and has now begun to whine when she needs to go outside (hooray).. I love my Dakota although during some of her antics I often threatened to return to sender.. But I can't.. with those eyes and that face I am a sucker.. This is her first pic..


.. Calm before the storm


No comments: