Saturday, June 7, 2008

Memo

I have just returned from a 7 hour viewing for my mom. My sister loving decided that a longer viewing would allow people to come in spurts and we (family) won't be overwhelmed like we were when my father passed. However and memo #1, visitors always come within the last 2 hours..so you are in a lull for 5 hours.. very boring and mind numbing.. memo #2 do not have expectations for a viewing.. We had a handful of people visit vs my father's where it was standing rm only.. although, today my third grade visited.. wow! memo #3 coming home after it really makes the reality of it all hit home.. I was blessed to have a tree hugger friend who was with me through out it all.. But, in the end I am now home alone without my mom and the prospect of her coming home.. I went into her room today, smelled her clothes, and realized that this was it, she was gone and I am home alone.. memo #4 love you family.. you will appreciate it and keep in touch with family friends.. do not let time or your schedule interrupt your friendship... these people are your past and will help remind/ground you through out this all.. My mom had a couple of friends in her life that were constant but somewhat distant.. My uncle Merle and Margaret.. Merle is a wonderful, kind, gentle, sincere, and funny man who friendship with my mo spanned 40 yrs.. Margaret is a fiercely independent (like my mom), compassionate, resourceful, and wise who met my mom and began a friendship that help each other raise their kids..memo #5 take each day step by step.. and have an idea of what to do with what.. and for now memo #6 take time for yourself to grieve..

No comments: