Monday, June 29, 2009

Retrospective

I have previously blogged about my driving journey to Uvalde and the many unfortunate "encounters" my box has had with wildlife in southwest Texas. To recap, I have bumped a deer and a coyote. I have hit a roadrunner (aren't they supposed to run fast? I remember that they did in the cartoons), several lizards and frogs, a sparrow, a cardinal, a possum, a raccoon, a snake, a skunk (yuck)!, a couple of jack rabbits (sorry earthmama :(), 3 armadillos, and 1 prairie dog.. After a year of driving every day to and from I was bound to hit a variety of wildlife but last week I topped even that. I was on my way home from summer school and I was behind a large industrial produce truck. I ran over several ears of corn, 2 heads of cabbage (now coleslaw on highway 90), a couple of onions, and some carrots. I couldn't believe it myself. But, hey if I take one of the animals I hit before as a protein I could cook up some southwest Texas soup... (sounds yummy)..

Still breathing..

Maybe next year on my journey to work I will encounter something new (hope not but at least I have something to look forward too)..

2 comments:

spiritualelements said...

I found my wallet in Del Rio under a friend Cadillac.. Whoo-hoo..

earthmama said...

i think "road kill" is the most creative blog label i've ever seen. just wanted you to know that. (and i forgive you for the jack rabbits...)