Monday, June 22, 2009

Pass the Aleve Please!!

Oh boy! What a weekend I have had. I spent it in Del Rio again with Frank helping him paint, landscape, pack, clean, and organize. We were ambitious Friday night when we both arrived from San Antonio with a three page list itemized by each room in his house and the things that needed to get done. We, (and that's all there was), his roommate worked all weekend, Marinara was out of town, and my ex and his partner had plans, so it was just he and I the entire weekend. I had my doubts we would be able to keep our personalities in check especially towards the end of the day when we were both tired and frustrated but somehow we did. I learned a tremendous amount of DIY project info this weekend; installing laminate and ceramic tile floors, landscaping, constructing shelves, and some electrical..I must say it was fun, we both enjoyed trial and error of each project. At the end of Saturday we finished landscape, painting (outside) and cleaning the front and back yard, packing 5 boxes for my return trip home and organized his "great room" for upcoming post pictures today. We were both so tired Saturday night that we were nipping at each other. But, I must say that he has softened quite bit and after he stepped on my big toe (only had socks on)and he had tennis shoes, he immediately blamed me for laying on the kitchen floor while we were cooking (I was in the way), but I was putting together a parson chair for the kitchen. He walked out and came in and apologized which is a big step for him. Sunday we slept in a little did some more planting and painting his patio (last minute decision the night before), we cleaned and packed one bedroom, the master bedroom, the great room was staged and ready, and the media room and the closet was staged, cleaned, and packed. All in all we finished 2 1/2 of the 3 pages and left the laundry room floor, touch up painting in the bathroom and cleaning the tub, touch up painted and grout the kitchen counters. I am pleased with what we accomplished physically and emotionally. We have been friends for over 20 years and with that have seen each other through many life changes. My body aches all over, (did I mention I fell off a ladder Saturday while painting), I am tired, and my box is full once again with more stuff but Aleve can fix it..

Last night when we were both delirious from being tired and smelly(we both stank horribly),we came up with our own mastercard priceless commerical..

paint supplies, cleaning items, and aleve $100 on mastercard

landscaping materials, boxes, and a trip to the Wal-mart for more Aleve, $200

surviving a weekend with a good friend priceless...

1 comment:

earthmama said...

hey hey! don't cripple yourself in del rio... there's still stuff to be done in temple, girlfriend! :)

(seriously, though, i'm glad you and frank had such a great weekend...)

<3