Tuesday, June 23, 2009

putting it out there

Lately, I have been really busy in Del Rio and I have neglected my house, my job hunt, my dogs, my family, and myself. To try and play catch up I am just going to put it all out there and hope and pray my life gets back in order (not to say it is not, but i have been a little frantic lately). First in line is my house, i would like the dust bunnies and dog hair to find somewhere else to co-habitat, laundry (which I secretly enjoy doing but not putting it away), needs to make its way into my dresser and closet and the grocery shopping (who needs to eat).
Next, my job. I have put applications in six different districts and went to 3 different job fairs and 2 interviews but the job market is very tight and competitive in San Antonio. 10 teachers are applying for 1 job. I have the experience, skills, and the certifications but I wonder if I have been blacklisted. So, I am asking and praying to find a job closer to San Antonio. I DO NOT want another year of commuting to and from Uvalde. Do not get me wrong, I love my job at Flores but not the drive. Now, onto my dogs. They smell horrible and my littlest one has several fleas, she is still too young for any flea treatment available. I have tried bathing her in apple cidar vinegar and it is effective for a while. My dogs need a break from the backyard and I need the motivation to take them to a park where they can enjoy themselves and nature. When it comes to my family I have to say I miss them but I am cautiously taking my time to see them. I am putting it out there that I would like my sister to come over without an invite. Lastly, myself. I need a massage and a pedicure. My feet are rough and calloused. I would like a good night sleep in my bed and a good steak dinner (and I do not want to cook it or buy one).. That's all for now. So, it is out there and I will see what happens next.

3 comments:

earthmama said...

sounds good...i'll say some prayers for you, too. (but you need to let me know if that steak dinner comes around anytime that i'm available, 'k?) :)

<3

Unknown said...

Hey, I wonder if Dr. Bronners peppermint castile soap would work on fleas? I heard a long time ago that it is great for lice...and it would be gentle enough, I think, for your pup.

Just a thought...

Hope the rest gets taken care of soon.

spiritualelements said...

Thanks Lana! I''l try that soon..