Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gay

What an adjective? eeh? There are so many variations on the definition of gay that one is not often sure as to the meaning without the context. But, even then inferring occurs and the meaning get muddled somewhere between the purpose and the assumption.

I have been thinking a lot of this word today, trying to find my own definition that has value to me. I am gay (with happiness) today for many reasons: my students, my partner, my friends, my box, and my blog. I am filled with peace as I drove to and from work today watching both the sunrise and sunset with their many gay hunes and colors. Alas, there is one last definition that I am still trying to define within myself. But, for now I am gay for a couple of other reasons today.

1 comment:

earthmama said...

being gay is a good thing, friend... <3