Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blissful

Okay, I am a little behind on my posts and I have a great one for Saturday but haven't gotten there yet.. So, here one for today.. I am happy for my students dry sense of humor. Today, we are giving benchmarks in math ALL day.. And, of course, they finished within 2 hours. So, I made them hold on until lunch and then after PE I sprang an 2006 TAKS release test on them.. HAHAHAHAHAHA.. I know it wasn't nice but I need the data. Anyways, as I walk around I am watching their determination to answer the questions correctly and then doodle some, more questions, playing with their pencil, more questions, a couple of hums, moans, sneezes, and finally one of my favorites (yes, teachers have favorites), raise his hand and asked, "Ms. Berry, Do I really have to do this today?" I responded, "Yes, thank you." He said, "Well, then I am going to take a half day because my brain has already left school and it at home watching tv." I wanted to laugh out loud but I didn't.. I smiled, went over and assured him that he had a brain because he is breathing.. Kids are funny and never cease to amaze me..

No comments: