Monday, August 4, 2008

Full circle

Today began with an oops.. Apparently, I was supposed to be at work but I wasn't in attendance due to lack of communication on their part.. So, now I have to report to school tomorrow and for the rest of the week.. Although, I am excited about beginning this school year in a new setting I am wary of the traveling.. But you work through the difficult times to do the thing(s) you love. I do love teaching and being a teacher, I think it is what I am meant to do and to toot my own horn I am good, no very good, at it. My life this year has been a roller coaster ride with more dips than rises.. But through it all I have persevered. I have learned many life lessons, met new friends, said goodbye to old ones. I have begun to make new plans for the future which was hard for me because of the scars I have and doubt that hides inside.. But, I have nonetheless.. I know that I have people out there that love and value me which has become my life support.. Life comes around in full circle when you least expect it..

Another oops today was a call I made to inquire about a friend from work.. I learned that a Melvin friend did not get anything he expected but got what he deserved. Does that sound harsh? If so, too bad.. I smiled with that news and felt a little bad but that did NOT last.. I believe that being in education and now working in a small district with the same aspirations our paths will cross again and time heals wounds.. I predict this within the next 2-4 yrs.. I will be a stronger, wiser, mentally healthier person..

My parents (especially my dad), all told us that when life hands you lemons make a pie and share it..

I love you dad and mom.. I miss you a lot.. But, I am here and I will continue on..

breathing..

No comments: